Wednesday 22 October 2014

Best Blog Day So Far

I definitely notice a spike in visitors to this blog when Dave has a series running but the last few weeks have been a little crazy, with yesterday's statistics hitting a new high. However, the big event in the past couple of days was a matching pair of tweets from The Great Man Himself (hereon TGMH).

I've been a little hesitant about joining Twitter because I've heard that there can be a lot of hate around and I always say that there's no room for hate in this world (unless it's directed towards Russell Brand). If we can't all learn to get on with each other (with the exception of Russell Brand), then we don't deserve to share this wonderful world or call each other human (again, minus R.B who seems more gibbon that human).

However, I joined Twitter earlier in the week and I've already had some lovely tweets from TGMH. The first one was in response to my mentioning that the bloody Sky box had accidentally taped Jools Holland (I blame daughter who is a Sam Smth fan and still won't admit he looks like a tortoise). It read:



Dave's second response was in reply to my mentioning that I don't like his tartan shirts. TGMH replied:


That's where the communication ended and, to be honest, I can't be entirely sure that Dave doesn't think me a little bit odd, which is a bit rich when you consider that I run his most popular fan blog and spend many lonely hours superimposing his face onto a wide variety of clothes/semi-clothed bodies. I know my avatar was an image of him greased up and my Twitter background is him lying naked as the day Burt Reynolds's body was born (although with a big more hair), but I hardly see why that should make Dave so reticent. He's normally got a lot to say on TV. Of course, I do realise that my slight motherliness towards Dave barely conceals my bestial sexuality, ready to pounce like a cougar on heat, but that's only natural of a 59 year old mother of three whose husband's painting and decorating keeps him away from home for weeks on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment